- Tools & Templates
- Security Jobs
- Data Protection
- Identity & Access
- Business Continuity
- Physical Security
- Security Leadership
2008 Security Predictions
Security predictions for 2008 are rolling in. Here’s a summary of what’s being said in cyberspace as well as a few of my own thoughts on 2008.
Websense Corp issued a list of top threats to watch out for in 2008. They include:
Olympics – new cyber attacks, phishing and fraud
Cross platform Web attacks – Mac, iPhone popularity spurs increase
Malicious SPAM invades blogs, search engines, forums and Web sites
Attackers use Web’s ‘weakest links’ to launch attacks
Message Labs offered their own intelligence report called: 2008 Security Predictions:
Their report claims that much more stormy weather is ahead as the shadow economy door widens further and spammers adopt virus tactics.
Meanwhile, Baseline Magazine wrote that more trouble is in store for CISOs in 2008, as we experience increases in Web 2.0 vulnerabilities and mobile computing attacks.
1) A Major botnet or virus attack gets (front page) national attention as outages cost millions. We haven’t seen a major outage make the front pages of major newspapers in the past few years. This run will likely end.
2) A Class Action Lawsuit on ID Theft. Some group will take some company to court. The state’s Attorney Generals may even get involved.
3) Increasing amount of inappropriate cyber conduct which is going on at work gets exposed to public. Cyber ethics becomes real priority for governments and businesses as the level of shenanigans becomes unbearable for stockholder and citizens cry-out for action. The link between individual behaviors and good security and privacy becomes much clearer.
4) Many more takeovers in security industry.
Thanks to cloud computing, your business data is everywhere and being accessed by everyone. Making the wrong decision to protect your data can result in high costs, increased risk and executive exposure. View this live webinar on cloud security and the evolving data center, and learn why a data-centric approach to security is the best bet for today's virtual environment.
- Enterprise File Sharing: All You Need to Know
- Forrester Research and EMC on Continuous Availability
- Big Ideas; Big Tech-Continuous Availability for VMware
- Security Analytics Video
- Reduce Costs, Maximize Performance and Ensure High Availability of your Business Critical Applications
- B2B Integration on Cloud: Real World Solutions and Technology Advances