- Tools & Templates
- Security Jobs
- Data Protection
- Identity & Access
- Business Continuity
- Physical Security
- Security Leadership
'Nothing new' in DDoS attacks
Two friends from Akamai take issue with the idea that there's something new about the nature of DDoS attacks targeting U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo and others.
The "new twist on DDoS" mentioned in our story "Hacktivists strike U.S. Bank with volunteer-powered DDoS" is impressive and all. But it's not new. Not even close, two old friends from Akamai told me on Twitter this morning.
Also see: The DDoS attack survival guide
In the story, writer Antone Gonsalves described the "new twist" this way:
Thanks to cloud computing, your business data is everywhere and being accessed by everyone. Making the wrong decision to protect your data can result in high costs, increased risk and executive exposure. View this live webinar on cloud security and the evolving data center, and learn why a data-centric approach to security is the best bet for today's virtual environment.
- Redefine Business Portability
- Prevent Mobile Devices from Loading Dangerous Code
- Expanding Your Security Perimeter: Common Sense for Navigating Today's Threat Landscape
- Fighting Fraud Videos: IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager
- IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager: Online Product Demo
- Webinar: IBM IIM for Fraud, Abuse and Waste in Government